This small park with benches runs along the Clain river on its left bank. Important remains can be seen of the former military castle -certainly built by king Philippe-Auguste in the early years of the 13th century- transformed into a princely residence by Jean de Berry around 1380. It was dismantled during the Religious Wars (16th century).
Nearby, in the centre of a huge roundabout known as the "Porte de Paris", remains another witness of the medieval town defences : the Tour du Cordier once belonged to the vast city walls raised by Eleanor and Henry Plantagenet from the 1160s onwards.
An ideal spot to take advantage of the riverside, the Petite Vilette Garden can also be a nice break just a few strides away from the yellow path, after having explored the Montierneuf quarter.